![]() |
Bloggers and Lurkers, If you would be so kind- please send a shout out to Stephen Tsai to let him know that you cared enough to check in here to see what is happening. No need to register with Gmail if you don't want to. There are several options that don't require registration. Even logging in as Anonymous and posting your blog name is fine.
Happy Aloha Friday and remember Tsister Tsai in your prayers.
Mahalo,
LizKauai

152 comments:
Am I first? WOO HOO.
Hi gigi! btw- I put a link to you blog up on this site.
JaM and Brie, congrats on your new freedom from dialup!
I just noticed it, Liz. Thanks. As a fellow Tsaiko, you should put your blog site up there, too.
Stephen,
We be hea regardless of where the lion sleeps tonite!
Hi LizK! Thanks for the blog site.
ST, support your stoppage all the way. Hope your sister is getting better.
L10pc
Aaaaaah! We love you Stephen!
Everyone, start screaming like the folks in this movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-hslHMn6HA
Thanks Jason.
Now this site has been officially
"blessed"
Stephen,
Hang in there! I've been on both sides, union and management. It's no fun and often times relationships are destroyed.
Can we subscribers help in any way? Will cancelling our subscriptions help?
I canceled mine as of July 3. We found that there was just too much paper in the house that wasn't being read.
gigi,
Aha!
Part of the 36% drop in profit!
Stephen ~ It happen a bit faster then we talked about last night, but it happened!
You do what you have to do, and we will be here to support you.
Gigi ~ I canceled mine during the last blog strike. It's like you say, why have the extra trash around when you can obtained more quality news on-line these days.
What the hey!
make it really feel like the old place....
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BFxuSLCB5_k
I'm afraid to cancel mine....
how would I fire up the bar-b?
Hi ST
this brother supports you 100%. I only went back to your old spot one time, and I can report to all of your supporters that nothing is going on on the warrior beat. too bad. you built up such a great spot over there.
but you wanna know the truth? the truth is that this is your opportunity to make your own subscription registered tsaiko spot. enough to support yourself and your family and make a decent living as extra income. you do this so well.
i'd register. you gotta show me how because some of us are r e a l l y s l o w.
somebody better call Las Vegas and let him know where we are hanging these days.
there is one thing bad about this spot. the odds are liz gets to go first as often as she wants cuz dis is her spot.
how about calling me up and letting me know when you're gonna post Lia, so I can be first?
heh heh heh
see you in a few zzzzzzzzz
I was playing Bobby Darin's Mack, the Knife, this morning. She asked, "Is this Frank Sinatra?
Kids! She is 26.
Hey!
...heard from Al!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN8YVmj2DjQ&feature=related
Stephen,
We support you and will follow your direction for how best to support the Advertiser workers!
d1 couldn't tell if that was - Al?
Eh, just because we young no mean we ignorant. Just your daughter. :-D
So let's play Six Degrees of Separation. (1) gigi-hawaii listens to Mack the Knife. This particular recording is by (2) Bobby Darin. Before that, (3) Louis Armstrong recorded the song. He also did What a Wonderful World, which was covered by (4) Israel Kamakawiwo‘ole, who used to live in the apartment building where (5) I live. Well, what do you know, I didn't even need all six degrees!
BTW, there's no comma in the title of the song. :-)
Wait,
So Jason...is ...gigi's daughter???
I thought you were Al and Esme's son!
so, Jason. Why do you call yourself Jase on this blog? Why not Jason?
Stephen,
He always shows the way.
Good thoughts for all...
Oyasumina-tsai....
d1shima: gigi is my grandmother from al's side.
And I have a Blogger account, so I use it to post instead of the Name/URL. That is why you see jase0517. My sister used to call me Jase from small kid time, and it's stuck since then. I answer to that if there's another Jason in the room. :-D
and 0517 is your birthday?
g'nite, folks!
Bighilofan2 -- las vegas got the word last night and should show up anytime soon. I just received an email from him that might meet a Hawaii Tsai-ko and his boss on Saturday but is having trouble finding a suitable karaoke bar with good food...
;-)
Liz and SteveM - just found out about the move here. Thanks for setting it up.
HiFlyer
test
Aloha Kakahiaka!!!
Mornin', ST! How serious is this hiatus from the HA site? Do you expect any progress on negotiations btwn the union & the HA in these 2 days? You're not one of the 54, are you? Say it ain't so...
jase
yu too funny wackin one ole lady lie dat.
yu so smaht; how cum yu no can make funny faces ovah heah, oops, shock, mrgreen lie dat?
42 days, 2 hours, 20 minutes bay-b!
gotta work da quick.
GO WARRIORS!!!
Former UH TE Don Johnson mentioned here. I think he's a professor now.
At a North American Society of Sport History meeting, Olsen discovered many professors who were presenting sports literature papers and decided to found the Sport Literature Association by publishing an issue of Arete: The Journal of Sport Literature in 1983.
Also, Don Johnson was a tight end for Hawaii when they played Humboldt State in a 1968 football game before joining the SLA later.
Stull said former athletes like Oriad and Johnson are just a small sample of an eclectic group that has maintained their love of sports despite career changes.
“Many of them are former athletes, but the majority of them now are English professors or intellectuals who try to incorporate sporting themes into their work,” Stull said.
Colt is mentioned as an example of how Harrell can be a Heisman candidate.
Graham Harrell's statistics are mind boggling: 72 percent completion rate, 5,705 yards, 48 touchdowns. Harrell is a true Heisman candidate in the same way Hawaii's Colt Brennan became the man last year
Good morning Tsaikos everywhere!
MeiLing, howzit sistah!
Garrett, great posts as usual.
LizK
da cake goes to you!
I been learnin how to go to the University of Hawaii Football fan blogs, and reading your watchamacallits on the right side, and came upon CoachKen's analysis of the Florida game at the UH site, so even though I don't know who HSB is, still yet, I stay pickin up enough good stuff soos I'm not lonely anymore. tanks eh!
MAUIMOM
did any of the good maui players come to the UH camp? are they coming to the one next week?
i mean, everybody knows about Appalachian State an Michigan, and what a beast Florida is, an all. But if you want it, you gotta fight for it. If you're going to the next level you gotta start already. Watching Florida's Friday Nights Lights video gave me a real appreciation for speedy high school players, and the intensity going on at that level.
i'm rootin for the neighbor island kids so i'm suggestin you tell da kids what I'm tellin em - next week, show up! make da call!
42 days and 50 minutes.
can we speed tings up, pretty plea
Mornin' BHF2!
Listening to the interview w/ Chris Price on the L&L show at http://www.am1500hawaii.com/1500v2/default.asp ~ you can get yourself pumped up by listening...
test
test
Good Morning
Everywhere you look there's adversity and I pray that all are coping. And I hope for blue, or even bluer skies for all in the future. Cherish you're lives,love ones and jobs. And where you read so often about others losing love ones or their jobs you'll never know exactly what they're are going through unless you experience a loss yourselves. And I have. And it hurts. And I can relate the grief others have at one time felt. With, now myself, a heavy heart doesn't begin to describe how one feels or how I feel. My beloved wife passed on yesterday morning in her sleep...and reminiscing...it always brought her such a smile and happiness of the times I told her about ST blog and my contributions or posts, some of which I would read to her. With a tearful departure I look back into her eyes and I cried, and cried and wished I had celebrated or cherish her life more. And maybe even paying more attention to her. In last few months(maybe even a year ago) I agreed with her that maybe we should turn off the internet( I wished I had.) Even spending three or four a night on the internet was taking time away from her and taking it's toll and we fought about this..and now looking back regretfully I wish I had cherished her and not what brought me happiness like spending too much away time from her on the internet. And my message to the readers..please look with open eyes at your love ones...and sometimes put them in your shoes and maybe see if there's a huge void in your spouses life that you maybe be your contributing to. And there are things that are missing that doesn't promote a healthy relationship, well being or good health to your spouse. And cryfully for myself, one doesn't realize unless it's too late. So this is my message to the readers. Everyone take the best of care to yourselves and especially to your love ones.
Off to Legoland...it should be fun to see Pauoa Boy's family there!
Marlis,
Condolences to you and your family.
marlis this by far is the best and most honest post that I have ever seen. I know no words can help, but your in my prayers.
Marlis,
Good morning, fellow Tsaiko. You expressed your loss eloquently. My sincere and deepest condolences.
I hope you cherish the memory of her laughing when you laughed, either with others or at yourself. I am sure she cherished the moments she saw you with a smile on your face. God knows the family of Warrior Tsaikos here make each other laugh. And in case she didn't tell you often enough how smart you were, which I'm sure she did, let me remind you about how smart you are and how much you've contributed to a number of peoples lives, including yours truly.
Peace to your beloved, your family and to you too Marlis. God Bless!
No amount of well wishes will releave the pain, but I hope this helps.
I am lurking ST.
Which reminds me of the Bronstrom family. No matter how much I scream "41 to go will," my rootin for the Warriors will not make my saddened heart feel any better about the terrible times and losses that befallen our own.
Bereavement is appropriate and necessary for the survivors, and acknowledgment and support by friends is soothing for the friends.
So Marlis, again, my sincere condolences. I am sure your wife took great pride in knowing she was helping you feel good about what you were doing in your life, and felt she was helping and supporting you too. Don't begrudge her for doing what she felt was important in her life. Remember that the greatest woman in your life loved you until her last breath. Peace.
Hiho hiho gang.
Gotta go find my kids, give em small kine chokes. :)
If I think about the depressing things that I experience often in my worklife, I dunno. Thank you Lord; I found ST and the Tsaikos. So to all you Tsaikos, thank you all!
Michelle Wie tied for the lead at -16!
marlis,
I'm so sorry for your loss of your wife. It's heart-wrenching. The memories sustain you. My husband passed away in 1997, and it takes a while to stop crying.
All my aloha to you & your 'ohana.
Mei Ling
marlis- thank you for sharing your feelings with us at such an intense time for you. Your capacity for love is unbounded.
No doubt your wife is enjoying her freedom from her mortal cage and is soaring like a bird in the infinite skies of joy.
Our prayers will join yours for the progress of her soul.
Thanks Liz for this spot. I am finding myself go through WB withdrawls, even though I lurk more than I post.
Marlis,
My sincere and deepest condolences.
MeiLing
Thanks for that update. Stuck at work but for some reason, the internet filter won't let me surf any golf sites.
djmitcho- I hear ya.
When all is said and done, I think I will know two things:
1. ST is the heart and soul of our unity. Not that he is a better person than anyone else, but because his spirit is so open to all who would be attracted- like a magnet to iron filings, who in turn, become magnetized by close association.
2. ST will know that where he leads, people will follow. The times have changed and people want truth as well as news they can feel happy about.
Florida Gators 2008 Season Preview: Game One, Hawaii
Florida looks to win the 2008 BCS National Championship. Joseph Morgan takes a look at how the Gators will fare in their opener against Hawaii?
by Joseph Morgan (Analyst)
12 comments
133 reads
July 18, 2008
Currently UnEdited
This article has not been edited yet.
College Football, Florida Gators Football, Preview/Prediction
I'll be breaking down each of the 2008 Florida Gators' opponents and making predictions game by game. Please feel free to give your input and make your opinions known throughout the series. I am happy to discuss the games.
Game One vs. Hawaii, Aug. 30
Info: The University of Hawaii is coming off a tremendous football season in 2007. The Warriors, led by Coach June Jones, won the WAC Conference with an 8-0 record in conference play, and earned a 12-0 record overall, good enough to earn the Warriors a trip to the Sugar Bowl.
Although Hawaii’s undefeated season ended with a 41-10 loss to Georgia in the Sugar Bowl, the Warriors had a year to be proud of.
Offseason: The Warriors' offseason didn't start off too well. First off, Hawaii lost Heisman Trophy finalist and starting quarterback Colt Brennan, as well as wide receivers Davone Bess and Ryan Grice-Mullen. Bess and Grice-Mullen combined for 2,638 receiving yards and 25 touchdowns.
In addition, head coach June Jones, who had a career record of 76-41 at Hawaii, left the Warriors to take the head-coaching job at Southern Methodist University. June Jones won two WAC Championships and became the winningest coach in school history during his tenure at Hawaii.
Jones has since been replaced by Greg McMackin, Hawaii’s defensive coordinator. McMackin improved Hawaii’s defense from 93rd in the nation in 2006 to 33rd in the nation last season. Greg McMackin also served as the defensive coordinator for Hawaii in 1999; Hawaii’s only other WAC Championship under June Jones.
2008 Outlook: Hawaii looks to fight Boise State and Fresno State for the WAC Championship, despite the loss of QB Colt Brennan. Greg McMackin’s recruiting class, which included defensive back Steven Christian, was good enough to rank as the best non-BCS class of 2008, according to ESPN.com analyst Billy Tucker.
Game Prediction: Florida 45 - Hawaii 17 Greg McMackin’s debut as a head coach is, unfortunately for him, in Gainesville, at “The Swamp.” The Gators’ offense is too good and the Gators have too many playmakers for Hawaii to stop. This game should be close in the first quarter, but Florida will pull away easily soon after. The Gators, led by QB Tim Tebow, will win comfortably at home and carry a 1-0 record into next week’s matchup with the Miami Hurricanes.
Al update,
Woke Al up this morning! Must have had a rough night. All is well in Vegas. Da Boss lost a few.
Marlis
My heartfelt condolences to you and your family on the loss of your beloved wife. I can understand your regrets about time you felt could have been spent with her. I'm sure that she did not begrudge you that time. Too often care givers don't realize that they also need time for themselves and that time enhances the precious time spent on their loved ones. She is in a better place and is smiling down at you. Peace be with you.
ST is on his way to a Referees' clinic.
(I just had to make sure he was alive and well ;-)
Breakfast time!
Marlis -
My sincere condolences to you and your family. Your Tsaiko friends & 'ohana will be here for you - just let us know what we can do to help.
Great Morning All.
Condolences marlis.
Liz,
Those referee skills could be put to use on Kapiolani Blvd ;-)
duffer -
1 Michelle Wie -6 14 -18 67 65 132
2 Yani Tseng -5 15 -17 66 66 132
T3 Hee-Won Han -11 17# -15 69 71 140
T3 Katie Futcher -5 15 -15 70 64 134
T5 Wendy Doolan -4 16 -13 67 68 135
T5 Stacy Prammanasudh -4 15 -13 69 66 135
T5 Sherri Turner -1 15 -13 66 66 132
T5 Christina Kim E 14 -13 63 68 131
T5 Ji Young Oh -1 14 -13 66 66 132
Hey all!
Geez, go away for a week and the WB world has been turned upside down. I stumbled across this site completely by accident -- I do not know how I got here so I will be saving this site for future use!
Anyhow, the crazies in DC are still there hard at work hardly working. The week was just beautiful with lower than expected humidity and temps up in the low 90's. Not too bad.
Next stop -- O'ahu!!! Whoo-hoo!
Marlis . . .
Please accept my condolences on the passing of your wife. I am sure she was treasured her time spent with you.
LizK . . .
Thank you for setting up this site. I will have to read the blog from last week to figure out what happened. Sort of like a good who-dunnit.
~wafan
Good Morning Tsaikos!!
ST - we have your back whatever you choose.
Marlis - Prayers for you!! Great post.
Hey wafan! How long are you going to be in Hawaii???
Good morning Tsaikos!!
Marlis - my condolences on the passing of your wife. Cherish the memories of the good times you had together.
ST - gotcha your back whatever you decide to do. I still think laying someone off while they're on vacation is so... dirty? sleazy? What's the word I'm looking for??!!
Have a good Saturday guys!
Thanks Brew!
duffer -
T1 Yani Tseng -6 17 -18 66 66 132
T1 Michelle Wie -6 17 -18 67 65 132
3 Katie Futcher -6 F -16 70 64 66 200
T4 Hee-Won Han -11 F -15 69 71 61 201
T4 Ji Young Oh -3 17 -15 66 66 132
Solidarnosc!!
Sorry, have to admit that I clicked around the HA site a few times until I read what was going on.
WarriorMojo
duffer - MW 18th - Poor 2nd shot missing green, nice chip to ~6', misses putt for par. Finishes back nine w/ 4 birdies, 4 pars, and a bogey - in that order!
1 Yani Tseng -6 F -18 66 66 66 198
2 Michelle Wie -5 F -17 67 65 67 199
3 Katie Futcher -6 F -16 70 64 66 200
T4 Hee-Won Han -11 F -15 69 71 61 201
T4 Ji Young Oh -3 F -15 66 66 69 201
Good morning everyone!
Marlis, my condolences.
wafan -- I know you are traveling and not getting all your email. I think you mentioned you would be back in Hawaii in mid-August so I'm saving a spot for you at the August 16 Karaoke Call.
morning everyone
my added mahalo to lizk for this mini blog
Marlis sorry for your loss
wafan call me when you get home
stsai we got your back
Tsaikos -
I think this is a test... a measure how addicted we've become to the Warrior Beat and Tsaiko-mania!!! Okay - I'll admit it - "Hi, I'm brew, and I'm a Warrior Beat addict! :-D
Mahalo to Liz for setting up this rehab - "methadone-like clinic".
ST - Please see this as direct evidence of our loyalty to you and the information, entertainment, and social value you provide to all of us!
~~~ You lead... we will follow!!! ~~~
You think Carole King would mind...
Where you lead, I will follow
Anywhere that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow where you lead
Oh baby ooh
I'm gonna follow where you lead
Liz,
IMHO, bleachereport analysis was kinda superficial and predictable.
jimson's comments (among others) afterwards are laughable. triple digit score for FL??? Hmmm...
Also, I wish h8ters would get off the '07 schedule thing but watchagonnadu?
Those who question what CB coulda done against better competition never seem to point out that he opened the prior season with 350 yds at Bryant-Denny; threw for 388 and 5 TD's at BCS-bound Boise; ended the year with 3 games against a Big 10 and two Pac-10 opponents by going 103 of 140 for 1394 yds with 10 TD's; and ended the season with an NCAA-best 185.96 rating.
Ahhh, feel bettah now...stepping off soapbox, wiping spit from chin...
support to ST and MT
How about Wie -17
Aloha Kakahiaka:
MARLIS: I hope you have family nearby to be with you over the several months.
STEPHEN: We're here for you and your co-wrokers as well. Read the Star-Bulletin's reporting on the strike - don't know if the HA covered it at all - and unfortunately, I'm not sure how much we electronic readers are personally responsible for the situation.
Am looking forward to reading more about Jim D's new responsibilities - assuming he gets past all the political hurdles to take them on.
Have a great day - weekend - everyone. Picnic time coming soon so will be back sometime late tonight.
Hello, hello, hello! Nice to see everyone supporting the Tsai-master.
My prayers for Tsister Tsai!
stacyj
duffer
saw carol king concert in seattle after she was one of my fav singer back in da day.
duffer this ones for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZLAvCgV80s
Marlis, you and your family are in our prayers. God Bless!
kekoa
since we talking about carol king this is for you. Smack Water Jack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqjF5w4fRQM&feature=related
Michelle Wie DQ'd for not signing her scorecard after yesterday's round.
Oh well.
jm2375,
Unbelievable!
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3496673
Marlis: You have my condolences and prayers.
And I can't believe Michelle. She had been playing so well, and to not sign a scorecard.
So, how come they let her play the whole 3rd round?
marlis, thanks for sharing. my condolences.
all the best to ST and the tizer workers.
Checking in at "Solidarity Central"
Marlis - your message was truly Tsaiko...straight from the heart and soul. Please know that we indeed have you in our prayers. May God grant us all, the serenity to accept the things we can not change. Your Tsaiko family is here for you...
BG
Koakane . . . will do.
SteveM . . . Thank you!
LizK . . . Arr next Sunday night and Dep 8/24.
The nice thing is I will be home for a month. The worst thing is I will not have internet access at all.
I will have the shakes and sweats. The addiction is horrible. The withdrawal will be horrendous.
~wafan
wooo hoooo!
Solidarity Central. I love this spot.
ST
we got your back!
LizK,
you cutey you. Thank you!!!
GO WARRIORS!!
Michelle Wie - another disappointment.
BHF2
Again, you bring up a heavy weight point...why shouldn't ST benefit from the culture that he's nutured? It will be difficult to clearly separate his job from his blog...but, we'll be there to help!
That ole saying..."when one door closes, another opens..."
Good morning/afternoon Tsaikos & Tsaikettes!
Kinda rainy earlier this morning but looking like a nice cool day.
Oops that Anonymous good morning/afternoon was me, UHfan808...blogging from my cento...lol
cento = centro
IDK how to post my blog name yet...
UHfan808
SteveM, LizKauai, (last but not least) ST-
TY for putting together this blogging space for us to get Warrior news and information. I especially like that I can see ALL the pics!!!
ST- I'll back you no matter which site you choose. Just let me know where..!
Have a wonderful day everyone!
lol...guess I'd better hook up my computer...
UHfan808
Marlis - I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.
ST - We are behind you!
Oog, I'm late for roll call.
Hi, gang!
Hi, ST!
— Esme
ho boy
i feel like aeneeus. so you type your post lie dis, den yu muuv da
arrow outside da box and click da
"name/url" spot, den yu type your
user name, and then you "publish your comment."
St Joe bay b, St. Joe. yuk yuk
Full support for ST;
Prayers to Marlis;
Get well soon to Barry M;
Happy Belated B'day to BrianK (in case I can't post over there)
I Believe
Marlis,
My deepest condolences for your loss. Please let the Tsaikos know if there is anything we can do for you to help you with your loss.
Pauoa Boy has a very nice family and it was great having some time at Legoland to talk story and see the kids have so much fun.
Marlis
Deepest condolences in this time of your loss
las vegas and family
Hiya!
Good to see the rallying of the troops!
To use your old login names- just choose the third button:
O Name/URL
Name -Type your blog name here
URL - type your website if you have one, leave it blank if you wish.
The only difference is that this software doe not remember your name unless you ar a gmail member and you have to type your name in every time.
#110
Hang in there, guys!
In13 hours, the Warrior Beat will be open for business again!
Auwe for Michelle Wie...
Yikes!!!
Koakane,
Carole King is still one of my favorites. Is it an age thing?
Now don't get me wrong, but Michelle graduates from Punahou, gets in Stanford, but forgets to sign her scorecard. WTF!
Nonetheless, that's some impressive scores for 3 rounds.
I just checked my personal e-mail, which I hadn't done for only about a day and a half. And there were almost 300 Tsaiko e-mails! We're all chat-addicts, aren't we? *chuckles*
But to be perfectly honest, I can't get time today to read through all of them. So if anyone has got anything really urgent to tell me, just flag me here? Thanks!
btw, I'm glad to "see" everyone over here. *group hug!* for solidarity!
-Esme
Hi Esme!
That's why this little blog was put up- to save our email boxes!
Good to see you. Looking forward to hearing from the Tsai-Meister soon!
Hi, Gang,
Just sticking my head in, saying hello.
Marlis,
Your wife has entered the real life now and will be waiting for you. Death is only a sad occasion for the once left behind. You will be together again in the unseen. My prayers are with you. Aloha, FloridaTed
FloridaTed, again.
For some reason this site, even though I've signed up, etc., won't accept my pass word, but accepts anonymous, oh well......
Ted- you can use the name/URL and just put your name in ther without a pw.
Hello Tsaiko Ohana!
Happy to see that more of you have found "Solidarity Central." Props to Liz for preparing the site as quickly as she did Thursday nite.
Marlis ~ There are no words to describe the passing of a cherished loved one. Please know that we all feel your pain.
My deepest condolences for the loss of your beloved wife and partner in life. Peace be with you my brother.
Malama Pono,
Kekoa
OK, seriously off-topic, but... some of the Tsai-kos are tech gurus, so here goes...
I just got a new phone - Blackjack II (AT&T) and have a few questions. I'll call Tech Support sometime soon, but ...
Anyone know what D-Day is in the Organizer?
How do I get my files that were on my PDA (and now on my PC) onto my phone? They are MSOffice files I like to have with me for quick reference.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Hope you're all having a good Sat. Took my daughter and our neighbor (I'm babysitting a 13 year old?) to see Mamma Mia. Good movie. Enjoyed the old Abba songs. Pierce Brosnan, however, can't sing. Julie Walters looks very different in this movie from her previous roles as Mrs. Weasley in the Harry Potter movies.
Many more movies to see. (Didn't enjoy Hancock too much tho)
d1Shima ~ Atta way to get on those numbskull sports writers! They been drinkiing too much Gecko Pi$$ and are beginning to believe the crap that they write!
(Yikes!...Did I get any of that stuff on me!)
Hubby and I plan to see Mama Mia tomorrow. I love Pierce Brosnan, he's so handsome. But why was he hired if he can't sing?
Koakane ~ Eh my EIS pahtna, we gotta test da kope at Nancy's on da Wessai in da morning! Need lila bit Kahlua inside da buggah fo bring out da flavah!
BG ~ Got your phone message as soon as we got home from the Luau. Will see you at Nancy's in da morn. Don't forget to check your guns at the door!...(They're watching us para-miltary rabble rousing, Tsai-ko's!)...or maybe it's just me they're after! Yikes!
Hmmm...I better swing by the post office and see if they put up my poster.
Careful, Kekoa, you're reverting to da 60's!
Whose luau you went to???
I just made fried okra and some l/o steak fo' grind...
Today was a big $$ day. (I'm sounding like gigi...eeek!)
I met with the solar water heater guy and signed on the dotted line.
Now I gotts find a good photovoltaic guy. Wish BarryM was on his feet.
GET WELL SOON, BARRY!
Victoria's Secret released the list of the schools that they made college gear for...unfortunately, UH was not included. But they can add schools in the future, so if the line of clothing sells well then they will include more schools later.
Thanks, Garret. Guess the Gatorettes will be looking sharp in the stands!
Liz, when I bought my solar water heater back in the early 1990s, all I got back was a tax deduction.
Nowadays, its much cheaper cause you can get a rebate from HECO, too.
If you haven't already, look into any other deductions out there.
gigi- HECO is on Oahu. We have KIUC. They give a rebate only if you are converting from an electric heater.
I have gas.
Liz, when it's cloudy and the water doesn't get hot enough, we use electricity to automatically heat the water in the tank. Is that what you're gonna do?
Nope.
I still have my gas Bosch on-demand heater.
Liz ~ I went to a baby Luau and you'll never guess who was there!...I took a picture of he and his family to send to ST. He is a self-described "adversary" of ST from the oddah pepa! He is monitoring the HA situation velly closely...
Actually he is the #2 man ovah deah and went to UH with ST. His wife is my cousin Bridgette, she's a Pediatrician at Pali Momi Hopital.
I got a warm and fuzzy feeling things will be just fine for Stephen after tellin Mike what a fine mess he's gotten hisself in.
I can just hear ST now...Kekoa is soooo connected, who is he NOT related to! Sheesh!
Haha- Kekoa! bout time there was some BABY things to celebrate!
I just talked to ST- he was pau helping WassupDoc and gang with a picnic for the homeless.
WB starts up again tomorrow... WooHoo!
Florida is *really* ramping up their hype for Tebow.
Simply calling Tim Tebow the best quarterback in college football apparently isn't enough. Gators coach Urban Meyer told a Miami audience that Tebow ''is the greatest player of our era.''
Looks like former Warrior recruiting target Marve is on track to start at QB for Miami.
We hear classy former Canes quarterback Ken Dorsey has been helpful to UM quarterback front-runner Robert Marve, offering advice and guidance this summer.
That Family Promise thing Wassup Doc is doing is great. My mom does the overnight shift with them and she loves it. Glad that some were able to help W-Doc.
Hi everyone! Good night! Pulling a serious Esme.
Since no one picked up on my "teaser" comment nearly 12 hours ago, here is topic for you to check out for yourself:
http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-78607/072308%20Council%20Agenda.htm
Check out No. 10-B in the 2 pm agenda - page 14 in the overall document.
What say you? Any thoughts? I plan to attend.
*******
Mucho mahalos to the Little Learners people who helped make the event a success. The older kids - up to age 99 - made personalized planters for tomatoes, lettuce, Chinese peas and pak choi.
Hi Folks! Thanks to LizK for giving us a place to hang out for a while.
Thanks also to all of you for your support of our union workers, and of Big Bro, who has been under a lot of pressure from certain union folks. You can consider the weekend shutdown as ST's very personal way of showing support for our 54 fired colleagues as well as our entire Tiser family, regardless of the lack of respect he's been subjected to by specific people on both sides.
Marlis: Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Your wife sounds like she was a wonderful person, and I'm sure she knew the same of you as she passed on.
"Kekoa is soooo connected, who is he NOT related to.."
Bwaaahahaha! Main ting you connected to a good cup of coffee tomorrow morning! Same time? Tell them make it 2X strong...need clear head tomorrow.
Not packing hardware anymore...blog has shown me that the pen is indeed mightier than any M-4 around. Although I might change my mind about the C4...no wonder they nervous at HA. :D
Oh, "Michael" = "Mike"
Oh mi gooness Esme! You are becoming famous for your "skippty-do-dah" wayz!
Hi Mike! Thanx for the insights ;-)
Nice to hear the Tsai gang was helping the homeless. There but for the grace of Ke Akua go any of us.
Nothing like helping others to neutralize the stress of helping yourself!
Howzit Tsaikos and Tsaikettes.
And ST
Great Hilo Party tonight for two grandkids. 1 going UHM, the other NAU. plenty food. kalua pig, lomi salmon, poi, poke, sashimi, rice, chicken luau, squid luau, potato salad, juice, soda, water, an 5 groups including John Cruz, Sudden Rush. too young, don't know all their names. but wuz a good time in Hilo and they still going. wanted to get back to da spot and say hello to my friends.
an we wuz talking football. get some rabid UH fans in my family, especially among my nephews, stepson and their friends who remember the dark years, the Von Appen Years when Jesse and I had a whole section to ourselves. They're feeling good about UH too. Kalamaku's prediction Long story short, 11-2, splitting Boise/Fresno and Florida OSU games. His head not on right, going have to wack him a few times, get his prediction more positive. heh heh
Time to go night night and wake up to peek at The Warrior Beat again!
I wonder what kind of interesting football news ST will be sharing with us???
Sweet Dreams!
G'nite Liz!
I'm in no hurry to leave the comfort zone for too long after 0600 AM in the morning.
Once ST post pics & stuff, I'm coming back here to roost. No sense giving HA any more "hits" than they deserve.
bighilofan2 check da wife's email, one foah you.
Good morning Tsaikos everywhere!
41 days.
I'm with you Stephen.
It' so hard to not look at the blog for two days. At least I had some emails to entertain me.
Advertiser employee here!
Dont cancel your subscription PLEASE!!
Less circulation means more cutbacks.
The unions are circulating subscription cancellation cards that the union can use to stop your subscription when and if they make us go out on strike.
If you support ST, start a subscription and contact any one of the unions and sign a cancellation card.
contact
the hawaii newspaper guild or ilwu for cards and info on starting a newspaper subscription
Post a Comment
You can use some HTML tags in your comments.