Stephen Tsai writes:
In support of the six unions representing The Honolulu Advertiser, this blog [Warrior Beat] will not have any new posts Friday and Saturday.
We apologize for the stoppage.
The blog returns with fresh UH news on Sunday.
If you need any updates, feel free to call 525-8051 or email: sstsai@hawaii.edu.
See ya in a couple of days.
98 comments:
First!
Hiya Liz ~ Just testing my connection with you.
Liz, I want to continue posting as Kekoa but they want me to use a different account. How do I do that?
Kekoa- choose Name/Url and that should work.
Nah- it is letting you post as kekoa- just keep doing It, I think.
Does this work?
Guess it does!
Maybe we should walk the line outside of the Advertiser building in support of the union members?
Testing [tap, tap, tap on the mic] testing...
What's the difference between the red icons next to everyone else's name and the brown one next to mine?
Sorry -WassupDOC. Geezlueez - look at the time out of here!
testing 2, testing 3
works OK-- sjmacro
Good Morning Tsai-kos!
Good morning Tsaikos everywhere.
There you are. Sorry SteveM, i wen read Adam Leonard was chatting Friday, then I never see his name wen i turned on the computer, so I was curious why not and made a hit on the HA site. never happen again till further orders.
43 days to go.
GO WARRIORS!!!!
In honor of all HA workers, I not even going peek at anything HA. Not one thing. NOTHING!!!
I just coming over to LizK, hang wit da lady. show her smiles. :D
LizK
Thanks for making this spot.
sjmacro, myki1,
howzit howzit. so,
wat'd yu see at da lass praktice?
is Lofton's son out there?
okay gangee, i trying fo post but keeps telling me i gotta do something, an i no no wat fo do...
hmmmm.... will keep trying different tricks.
aha,
just gotta type what you like, den make da dot on da name/url spot, type my name an... bingo... you got mail. Thanks LizK. :D
gonna go check out da newz on da odda paypah, come back and let you guyz no wats going on. laterzzz
43 days to go
Good Morning Tsaiko Family!
Happy Aloha Friday. I hope ST is able to relax some today. I will join you all in NOT hitting the HA server at all until Sunday.
aloha from SF
I leave for America and the islands go nuts!!! Unreal, on our way to see 'snowflafe', haha
Remember, we are Tssikos!!!!
I meant Tsaikos
test hope this works
although some of us qualify as 'sickos'
bulla -
Have a great time! Are you going to be in the area of the WAC Preview?
By the way, when is that going to be in Hawai'i?
good morning everyone
Hope all is well; play nicely :)
fat fingers attack again..
Howzit gang!
not sure how to take this, and wanted Tsaikos opinions on this one. JimmyD and coach Mack thinking of Central Arkansas for 09opener. Last yr they're 6-5, losing to La. Tech, So. Dakota St., McNeese St., Mo. St., Northwestern St.. Course wen we played FAU couple years ago., I thought they were not worthy either, and look how they played, and look at them now.
so I dunno. anyway, da (white) guy can dance :D and he get one cute smile :D an he genuinely sincere so I support him anywayz an give him da benefit ah da doubt. wat yu tink??? we go frum Florida to Cent Ark to USC in the three openers starting now!?
hey ronnie
WAC preview is in salt lake, we'll be home before it starts next week :(
bhf2
you beating the chickens in hilo bro. wow, 2 mucho excitement 4 u wit da blackout? Haha
ho boy,
no mo smiley faces ova heeah. ainokea. get my hands fo make smiley face.
bwahaaahaaaa
bila,
heh heh
so, my warm regards to SnowFlake! I neva meet him yet. but frum everything I've read and you've said, CONGRAGULATIONS!!
I especially liked da part of him being GQ early this summer. Good job, sir.
jus let me stir his fire a little, okay? for the team... CUPCAKES.
heh heh sure wish i could put pikchas. nyuck nyuck
i might be a little to heavy for summa you, so i'll keep my left hand outta dis one and work you with my right/virtuous hand. haha
dpk, al, stretch, homey, koakane, JJ, koamahu, whitey, Tom, kekoa,Mrs.AHouse, midori7, uhfan808 myki1, sjmacro, Las Vegas, manoa mist, Gnalo, come on down an
let's get this party crankin!
Aloha Kakahiaka!
do I need to subscribe? We'll see...
bighilofan2,
It is good to open with a D-IAA team to let the team make adjustments for their later games. Most coaches of the big programs like that to ease their way into the season. It is said that the biggest improvement a team makes is between its first and second games...
So, JD was looking for a D-IAA team that would play UH at the price UH wanted to pay...only Central Arkansas seemed to be interested in playing for that, so they get the schedule spot. UH can make some money with the extra home game--road games like the Florida game don't make UH nearly as much money and UH needs the money!
I wonder if any of the Hawaii recruits will be playing in this game...would be nice to see them in Under Armour before they even join the Warriors!
The second annual Under Armour All-American game is moving next year from the Disney Sports Complex in Orlando to the Florida Citrus Bowl.
"Moving this year's game to the Citrus Bowl will add to the great excitement and buzz surrounding the event,'' Under Armour Senior Vice President Steve Battista said in a release. "It's the ideal venue to introduce the nation to the young high school football players who are primed to make an impact on the college game in 2009."
Besides the new venue, Under Armour is quickly challenging the Army All-American game for the best recruits to showcase. This year, Under Armour's list of recruits who have committed already is quite impressive - Mater Dei (Calif.) quarterback Matt Barkley (USC), Austin Lake Travis quarterback Garrett Gilbert (Texas), and Houston Cypress Ridge quarterback Russell Shepard (LSU).
Bulla, Have a great time with snowflake!
bhf2: Are we looking at the 2009 opener at Central Arkansas for sure? The humidity there will be high, maybe not as bad as Florida.
ST sit back en relax.
stretch check your tsai-kos mail.
Morning
bighilofan2 eamil me pomai at tsai-kos.com
WOW dats eamil = email
Good Morning Tsaikos!!
Bulla I checked the tsaikoparty email and it is just as empty as the HA blogsite.
No Warrior Beat? Oh well, I'm expecting a very busy day anyway. I wish there was something we could do for the laid off workers. I guess I'll be back on the regular site in a couple of days. Have a good weekend, everyone.
Howzit stretch
Know what you mean, sometime you gotta
stand for something, or you stand for nothing.
and 'that's the rest of the story'
Garett
Manti Te'o is in the Under Armour game.
Daltin Hilliard is in the US Army game
Great Morning All!
...like what you've done with the place
meiling,
Central Arkansas would come to Hawaii...UH would lose a lot of money if they travelled to a D-IAA school.
From the LA Times:
http://tinyurl.com/664rhm
Put a turban on the senator from Illinois, dress his wife up in camo and an assault rifle, and you get the whole country talking. Some folks were outraged at the elite magazine's insensitivity; others thrilled at the satiric skewering of an absurd myth.
Newspaper publishers and editors take note: Even in that wildly divided audience, no one doubted the cartoon's power to engage and provoke.
Because cartoonists have such a potent ability to excite, infuriate, perplex and amuse, you would think that newspapers -- struggling to maintain audiences in the Internet Age -- might lovingly nurture them.
Instead, cartoonists are disappearing like brunet anchors at Fox News -- about a hundred are scratching out a living today, compared with about double that a couple of decades ago. And this presidential election cycle has been less engaging for their absence.
Bulla,
Thank you for that info! I figured that Te'o would be in the game but the article hadn't mentioned him. I didn't know that Dalton was in the game also--that is good recognition for Hawaii high school football.
Got to go to work now...
Forgot to say, "Mahalo Liz, for setting things up." :-)
what's the name of this spot again? I don't want to go back to where I'm not supposed to go to get to SteveM's spot to get the name of this spot. pretty plesae.
Sorry Bulla - the comment about the tsaikparty was supposed to be for Pomai.
Where's the pics??
howzit again peeps!
:-) ah I remember those good ole dayz, wen we neva have pikcha screenz, mrgreen an such.
Garrett, thanks for the dialogue on Central Arkansas.
okay, you fancy guyz. how you make blue?
MeiLing,
howzit young lady! hope you get one supah great day!
ST,
sit back, relax, no carry our world on your shoulders. we can handle. da Warriors can handle.
"we're on it, coach." watch///
Capn Kekoa:
koakane, go get da odda braddaz togedda, falsies lie dat, sneak sum Buds someplace, get yuself tuned, den go watch UW an repoht back to da LizK village.
Koakane:
ai ai. :--)
see ST? we can handle....
GO WARRIORS!!!
Hey, this kind of works.
Cool.
I started up another post as an experiment. I'm going to try to experiment with photos next.
Thanks again, Liz and SteveM.
Good morning Stephen and all others who have found this site. Hopefully many more will join us throughout the day.
Thanks Liz for doing this and saving all of us email space as we attempt to keep in touch with each other.
Have a great day!
Pomai,
will do, laterz..
going practice first so i make sure i get back here without going hitting anyplace else. then
gotta go brush teeth, clean up, go work. big day this a.m..
but if you like chitchat you can call me collect 808-933-2758.
you live in da hollow, yah?
you get pics? talk to yu laterz
Story on the Maui boys Kurt Suzuki and Shane Victorino;
http://mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/506067.html?nav=11
New Post us up- yum!
Like I said, I ain't going anywhere else but this spot. took awhile to get here, and I'm just learning the buttons for post, an i no no moah pikchas, but I ain't leaving until i get da word from Lizzie. (That was my mom's name.)
Plus, I tink we can hit 500 today.
ho boy
pikchas ah fuud. i hope i'm posting at da right spot. will try to log on later to that atom thing, but nowin me it'll take time. time i'm willin to spend to be a bigger part of this tsaiko family.
actually, this new spot works. i google tsaiko, then read SteveM's directory stuff, find the like to LizK spot and i got to ST's short note, and his pikchas, and posted to the blog spot. i don't know if there is another blogspot that i was supposed to go to because i'm back here, but maybe its supposed to take us back here. dunno.
anyway, gotta hiho hiho. laterz gangee and i hope you all have a great day.
esme and out!
GO WARRIORS!!!!!
I'm no._____
Thanks Liz and SteveM for making it possible.
Not bad for typing with one hand, no?
Had surgery on Weds. Trtying to convince BW (beautiful wife) that I can drive but she doesan't believe me - even before i had surgery she thought the same!
I'm no._____
Thanks Liz and SteveM for making it possible.
Not bad for typing with one hand, no?
Had surgery on Weds. Trtying to convince BW (beautiful wife) that I can drive but she doesan't believe me - even before i had surgery she thought the same!
I'm no._____
Thanks Liz and SteveM for making it possible.
Not bad for typing with one hand, no?
Had surgery on Weds. Trtying to convince BW (beautiful wife) that I can drive but she doesan't believe me - even before i had surgery she thought the same!
stacyj here. Great idea Liz and ST.
hello, hello, hello????
Test Test Test..Good morning gang...Wow, I want to put on a top hat and button nose and yell, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"
Just checking in.
Sorry, I peeked at the 'tizer today not knowing there was a blog stoppage.
Think we can get 500 posts today?
bold
homey...why not? We already have almost 70 comments now.
433 more to go!
Finally!! The Post A Comment link appeared after shutting down the computer and re-booting. Hope that doesn't have to be done every single time.
Kazz - if you're lurking. Do you still use the tsaikotailgate@gmail.com e-mail address?
Mahalo.
Also, is no one else posting or are they posting someplace else? It's been two hours since my las poost
doc- check the other posts- there are a couple of other topics going on.
Over hill, over dale....I've finally found you guys, yeeaah. Weird times we're living in right now. I hope that this Advertiser mess is resolved soon. ST srent me an e-mail with a new blog, but I couldn't get on. Is this the blog he was talking about?
Thanks a lot Liz, for keeping the ball rolling. Solidarity.
Yes Ted (FloridaTed), you have arrived!
Hi Ted!
You made it!
It's a little confusing having different topics to post under - but the main thing for me was to try to keep the Happy Birthday Brian comments kinda on topic.
Hi LizK!
Hi SteveM!
Hi ST!
Thanks for the new hale! and it is green...yea!
Hi Liz,
I just posted on the shout out thread.
ST, supporting you all the way!
__GGGG_____OOO________UU___UU___HH___HH___!!!!
GG________OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!!!
GG__GGG__OO___OO_____UU___UU___HHHHHH ____!!
GG__GGG___OO__OO_____UU___UU___HH___HH____!
__GGGG______OOO________UUUU_____HH___HH ___!!!!
__GGGG_____OOO________UU___UU___HH___HH___!!!!
GG________OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!!!
GG__GGG__OO___OO______UU___UU___HHHHHHH____!!
GG__GGG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!
__GGGG______OOO________UUUU_____HH___HH __!!!!
__GGGG_____OOO________UU___UU___HH___HH___!!!!
GG________OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!!!
GG__GGG__OO___OO______UU___UU___HHHHHH____!!
GG__GGG___OO__OO______UU__UU____HH___HH____!
__GGGG______OOO________UUUU_____HH___HH____!!!!
__GGGG_____OOO________UU___UU___HH___HH___!!!!
GG________OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!!!
GG__GGG__OO___OO______UU___UU___HHHHHH____!!
GG__GGG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!
__GGGG______OOO________UUUUU____HH___HH___!!!!
sdsrthejyy,dcbag
Hi Brew!
__GGGG_____OOO________UU___UU___HH___HH___!!!!
GG________OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!!!
GG__GGG__OO___OO______UU___UU___HHHHHHH___!!
GG__GGG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!
__GGGG______OOO________UUUUU____HH___HH___!!
__GGGG_____OOO________UU___UU___HH___HH___!!!!
GG________OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!!!
GG__GGG__OO___OO______UU___UU___HHHHHHH___!!
GG__GGG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!
__GGGG______OOO________UUUUU____HH___HH___!!
__GGGG_____OOO________UU___UU___HH___HH___!!!!
GG________OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!!!
GG__GGG__OO___OO______UU___UU___HHHHHHH___!!
GG__GGG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!
__GGGG______OOO________UUUUU____HH___HH___!!
__GGGG_____OOO________UU___UU___HH___HH___!!!!
GG________OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!!!
GG__GGG__OO___OO______UU___UU___HHHHHHH ____!!
GG__GGG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH____!
__GGGG______OOO________UUUUU____HH___HH___!!
__GGGG_____OOO________UU___UU___HH___HH_!!!
GG________OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
GG__GGG__OO___OO______UU___UU___HHHHHHH _!!
GG__GGG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
__GGGG______OOO________UUUUU____HH___HH_!!!
__GGGG_____OOO________UU___UU___HH___HH_!!!
GG________OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
GG__GGG__OO___OO______UU___UU___HHHHHHH _!!
GG__GGG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
__GGGG_____OOO_________UUUUU____HH___HH_!!!
__GGGG_____OOOO_______UU___UU___HH___HH_!!!
GGG_______OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
GG__GGG__OO___OO______UU___UU___HHHHHHH _!!
GGG_GGG___OO__OO______UUU_UUU___HH___HH__!!
__GGGG_____OOOO________UUUUU____HH___HH_!!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO_______UU___UU___HH___HH_!!!
GGG_______OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
GG__GGG__OOO__OOO_____UU___UU___HHH.HHH__!!
GGG__GG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO________UUUUU____HH___HH_!!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO_______UU___UU___HH___HH_!!!
GGG_______OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
GG__GGG__OOO__OOO____UU___UU___HHHHHHH__!!
GGG__GG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO________UUUUU____HH___HH_!!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO_______UU___UU___HH___HH_!!!
GGG_______OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
GG__GGG__OO____OO____ UU___UU___HHHHHHH__!!
GGG__GG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO________UUUUU____HH___HH_!!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO_______UU___UU___HH___HH_!!!
GGG_______OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
GG__GGG__OO____OO____ UU___UU___HHHHHHH__!!
GGG__GG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO________UUUUU____HH___HH_!!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO_______UU___UU___HH___HH_!!!
GGG_______OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
GG__GGG__OO____OO____ UU___UU___HHHHHHH__!!
GGG__GG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO________UUUUU____HH___HH_!!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO_______UU___UU___HH___HH_!!!
GGG_______OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
GG__GGG__OO____OO_____UU___UU___HHHHHHH__!!
GGG__GG___OO__OO______UU___UU___HH___HH__!!
_GGGGG_____OOOO________UUUUU____HH___HH_!!!
Post a Comment
You can use some HTML tags in your comments.