Tuesday, August 26, 2008

one O-line and 66-roosters

Da WarriorBoat (Auntie MariaLani)

I'm in Vegas with guess who!


Midori7 with Florida Ted's prize (thank you Mei Ling)


WarriorBoat adumdum (Da Menehune)
One mynah birf wen tell me da kine Rausch still get owie and da odda bradda Alexander Da Great was chroween mo wif da primo no ka oi boyz. Who goin' staht? No bodda me.

E-Rob stey #1, but no worries BHF2, Mana goin' see akshun too!

What is Tsai-ko Culture? For those of you who missed it or want to see and hear Bulla again, here you go!



 
Da OMG-line: Laupepa Letuli LT,  "Lafu" Tuioti-Mariner RG, Keith AhSoon, LG. John Estes, C. Keoni Steinhoff, RT.
Coach Mack's travel team get 4 QB, 5 RB, 9 WO, 12 OL, 11 DL, 8 LB, 14 DB and 3 ST. 66 braddahs all together.

So now, wid all dose guys travelling- whatchu teenk. Going be same kine team like last year??? Nah, we goin' keep da Gators guessin' until Saturday!

Coach Mack and da odda Coaches wen check out all da guys real good. Some stay sick, ladat, some get owie, mo bettah stay home an res'.
When dey come good, dey going come back in to give planny dirty likkins on da field again.

Oh yeah, #1 QB Brent Rausch stay all good now (he is one tall buggah!)
And oh yeah, yeah, yeah, no forget Tyler Graunke. He stay all smaht now and wen pass his test so he can come practice.
But no can go Disneyworld dis time. Gotta stay back.
Rausch, Alexander, Funaki and Santos - nuff QB's dis trip.

Solomon Elimimian- oh yeah, he stay bettah now and wen practice again.
And Bryce Kalau'oka'a'ea, (say dat fast 10 times...) going be one running back now. I think he going do good, but da coaches like make sure.


Not too sweet, not too rancid, jesss right!

k-den!

Try wait, try wait!
Uncle Dref (you know da one,eh? Always lookin' and thinkin' and typin') been tell-

WTH! (oops, sorry, family blog) Howcome we gotta go EST timezone for da first game???
What kine travel agent wen fix up dat one 3 years ago???

Whatchu thinkin???
How expensive!
An when dey gonna come ovah hea and get da Aloha Stadium treatment?? Nevah.

We might as well play one Japan team! More closer dan da Swamp!

But Coach Mack - he not going grumble, la dat. Shoots- Heisman trophy winnah, hot like hell stadium, one small handfull green shirts sitting in da one corner all surrounded.
Da boys going show off their new Ha'a to us with our ti leaves...
Den we going see who going get da last laugh... Ha'a  ha'a ...

GO WARRIORS!

++++

NEWS FLASH!

From bighilofan2:
TO ALL THE HAWAII FAN PEEPS LIVING IN EAST COAST, like Alnbama la dat, if you want to take your family but no can because of costs, i get 5 tickets for give you. My treat. First come is da winnah! If a bunch of Hawaii buddies (5) stationed Navy Jax or Pensacola like go, Hawaii section 49, row 74, seats 14-17.

MariaLani note: Just leave your message for bhf2 on the blog if you can attend the game and need tickets. Yes, they are in the Hawaii section.



373 comments:

1 – 200 of 373   Newer›   Newest»
Anonymous said...

O line looks good.

Anonymous said...

HIYA lIZk

GREAT WRITING!!!!

Anonymous said...

gOOD MORNING lIZk AND tSAIKOS EVERYWHERE!

couple more days and I stay flying high!

I just love our team!!!

get chance. I BELIEVE!!!

So I'm going to say to Darolyn Lendio:

PEACE. I KNOW YOU MEAN US WELL.

dat Sadowski, I know he thinking he stay making all smaht for da big picture.
But what big picture? Th e one that get UH inside, or the one that get him inside?
His mind, or our mind?

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tsaiko Family!

I won't be able to post from work today (darn those internet filters) so I'll just have to lurk and text homey if there's something I want him to post. ;-)

Anonymous said...

hoboy.

i just wen finish reading all yesterdays posts and some tings stood out.

1. SteveM and LizK. HA should hire you 2 for make dare blog stuff. dis spot is da champ!!!!

2. LizK, you one cute supah swell writah!.
we mussa had da same teachah!

3. LizK your authoritarian foot makes you da winnah. tanks for keeping Anonymous in his place. I agree with Garrett, even when you think you're 100% sure, like most of us are, so often we come up wrong. Case in point, State vs. Tetsuya yamada.

3. TO ALL THE HAWAII FAN PEEPS LIVING IN EAST COAST, like Alnbama la dat, if you want to take your family but no can because of costs, i get 5 tickets for give you. My treat. First come is da winnah! If a bunch of Hawaii buddies (5) stationed Navy Jax or Pensacola like go, Hawaii section 49, row 74, seats 14-17.

4. KAZZ, you remind me of George C Scott in Patton. Great motivational speech!!!!!!!

Go Warriors!

Anonymous said...

Field Fix update.

Have it on good authority that upper management don't know what to do next.
UH upper management gotta make the call. The timing was junk to put it on the Regents agenda at last Friday's meeting, so they're probably going to take it up at the next Regents meeting. Bureaucracy.

See what you did, Mr. Sadowski, in the name of trying to establish a higher standard?
whose standard? if you got a beef about a particular probject, why don't you address the Honokaa field, rather than the Ching Cooke Field? When it comes right down to it, you are exposed for who you are, arrogant and selfish. imho. You're not a team player, I don't care what you think of yourself.

You don't have a case, I don't care what you tell yourself or what Karin says for you. We're Obama supporters, not McCain supporters.

Anonymous said...

momotaro, call me. i'm going on vacation until 9/5, then i'll be in honolulu starting Monday 9/8. I'd like to get together with you before going over to DCCA for face to face with peeps there. I'm thinking of dropping off a proposed dec action, force the issue to the public forefront by making notice that a copy has gone to da SB/HA.

Try move da case along by keeping da flem on the State and not UH. w;hatcha think? i figah da problem not going anywhere by dat time. wat you think?

Anonymous said...

Who wouldve thought 12-0 & sugar bowl last year?

Go get em Warriors! Going be rooting for you guys from one Army Camp in the middle of no where. Give them Gators sum dirty lickins so they like come play us at Aloha Stadium, LOL...

upset the college order once again baby!

ALOHA

Anonymous said...

Bwahaaaaa...OK, OK, I geev...Auntie MariaLani you got me "out of da lurker closet". Looooong time lurker...since last season, but no can lurk any more. LizK, you too funny.

Hilo boy now living in da Western Suburbs of Chicago, IL. Went to UH same time as Larry Price...whoooo da old,nah? Now following da Redskins (Go Colt!), J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets (Brett Da Kine) and, I guess, da Bears. Man I wish da Bears had Colt, but then he's a GOOD QB. Too bad about RGM, gunfunnit...

No free TV on UH-Florida in this neck of the woods, but will follow the game on da intarweb.

Love you Tsai-kos. You guys keep me thinking of home...cause no matter where you live, Hawaii is always home.

A hui hou...

Stretch said...

Good Morning Tsaikos!!

Welcome to the Blog HiloBoyInChicago.

It seemed so long ago that we were counting down over 100+ days and today, the players are leaving for Floruda. Time flies when you are having fun!!

Anonymous said...

morning gang!

Stretch - got your message, will call you in a bit

bighilo - keep pressing brah

Kazz - whats it gonna be Warrior?

Anonymous said...

Kazz ~ That was a great piece. Maybe someone can get it to da team so they can read it on da plane. Lots of travel time to fill.

BHF2 ~ Have a wonderful trip to FL. Mahalo nui loa for staying on top of Slob-bowski's kukai. Such Aloha for offering tix to da people on the east side of the Mississippi. You got heart!

Has anyone heard from las vegas??? I worry about him.

Anonymous said...

Good morning to all!! I'm sitting at the 'puter and the phone rings. It's sj from the slightly dark, slightly damp practice field. The fellows are starting warmups and suddenly the whistle blows 3x. Those who have attended practice know that 3 beeps mean sudden change. They start stretching after the sudden change and guess what 3 beeps again! Geez! 2 sets of sudden change in the first 7 minutes of practice!!

The guys and coaches mean business!!

Hey sj !! you need to get a life!! Are you the only one out there??

d1shima said...

Great Morning All!

Welcome Hiloboy. Keep posting.

Good job Auntie Marialani. Maybe you should tink about expanding your coverage to da whole pepa!

bhf2,
You all right.

Loa,
Howzit.

Stretch,
If you get there before me; no touch my money! I going back fo' get 'em. :-)

MeiLing,
las vegas responded to Liz last night about meeting her during her lay-over.

Kazz,
Dat was incredible!

Have an AWESOME day erryboddy.
HiHo...

Stretch said...

myki - can you ask sj if ST is there?? I bet he is still at home.

Anonymous said...

Morning Stretch, sj says he hasn,t seen ST. Maybe he's coming a little later. sj is leaving early 'cuz he has some errands to run.

Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

'Gmornin Everybody!

Bulla, DPK, Homey- Look them. All pass out on the deck. Mouths wide open. (Play, play, play az why. Run around making trouble on the lifeboat all day yesterday) And wat- all night these braddahz was fog horns! Sleepin' their best! And us- no can sleep!

Che!

Somebody scoop one bucket of watah and tro 'um on these fallaz back hea!

=)

Stretch said...

how surprising, ST not at practice on time... haha.

Da Punchbowl Kid said...

Howdy Y'all! Top o' the mornin' to ya!

Da Punchbowl Kid said...

I feel better about the O-line, now that they have named the starters. They look solid, and I think they will become an outstanding unit as they get the reps.

Lizkauai said...

Aloha Kakahika!

MeiLing- yeah, las vegas is around here someplace... (peering about various bundles of snoring swabbies)...

Lizkauai said...

Hi Myki!!!
tanks fo da scoops from da field!
Da Tsai-ko info bucket brigade is awesome!

Stretch said...

You guys can read a little bit about what's going on with HA.

Advertiser to lay off 27 as it consolidates divisions

http://starbulletin.com/2008/08/26/business/story03.html

Lizkauai said...

AIYA- Stretch wen post da SMU papah. Oh- nevah mine... dis not da real kine blog... dis da WarriorBoat.
Phew- was one "he-who-must-not-be-named" Harry Potter moment.

Lizkauai said...

Weather Report- Hurricane Gustav is projected already as a Cat 2 and the path is right into the Gulf... gulp. Hope I can land tomorrow night...

Anonymous said...

Good morning Tsaikos, Tsaikettes, lurkahs, and all others who care enough about Warrior Football to read, oh an' dat parrot ova dea too... few more days eh gang? You know what I no can understand, but I can understand because I understanding it's from where we come from and how we are? How is it that someone is willing to GIVE AWAY 5 tickets to the UH-Florida game... I mean GIVE EM AWAY. Just shows me the love we all have not only for the team but for each other. I wonder if any of the players reading the lifeboat... I mean if I was one player, I wouldn't be able to help but get pumped up, seeing all this aloha that the people of Hawaii have for us. God Bless you LizK, and all the rest of us. Cuz we show em, we show em what a little ALOHA SPIRIT can do. Nevamine the bashing on Florida, dey one good team, focus on the positive of our boys, looking for a good game on saturday, no matter what happens, win or lose.

Lizkauai said...

NEO- right on, braddah. No need bash da odda guys for try to look biggah. Respect da odda guys... and den play like heck and SHOW what Hawaii get.

POSITIVE ENERGY for da WARRIORS!

Anonymous said...

七転八起

"nanakorobiyaoki"

meaning "Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

This phrase speaks to the importance of getting back up despite repeated failures and to keep on going despite setbacks.

7Down. 8Up!

Never, never ever give up!

I Mua Warriors!

Anonymous said...

Amazing how cheap the real estate prices are in Dallas! I can't imagine how an NFL QB can buy a 5,551 sq foot home in an exclusive gated community and it cost less than the average home in the city that I live and in many cities in Hawaii!

Tony Romo is in for a double nightmare -- he's about to renovate his brand new house, and we're told the person doing the job is Jessica Simpson.

Romo has purchased a home in a Dallas county suburb. It's 5,551 square feet with 5 bedrooms, 4 full and two half baths, a game room, pool and spa. It's also in a gated community with a golf course. He bought it for $699,900 -- just about what he makes in one game.

Anonymous said...

The #1 women's basketball recruit last year just quit UConn...to play volleyball at Delaware. If she is looking for a fresh start, I bet that Coach Shoji would be happy to offer her one!

In the presence of her parents, the Naismith national player of the year in girls basketball, the top player in UConn's freshman class, the 6-foot-5 prodigy whom many suspected was good enough to immediately start in the WNBA rid herself Monday of a burden she was silently carrying for nearly four years.

Delle Donne has begun practicing with the Delaware volleyball team as a non-scholarship player. She played volleyball for the first time as a senior at Ursuline Academy. The Blue Hens are the defending Colonial Athletic Association champions and are coming off their first NCAA berth.

Anonymous said...

Oops, the link to that article should be:

http://www.courant.com/services/newspaper/printedition/sports/hc-delledonne0826.artaug26,0,7893114.story

Anonymous said...

It is SHAMEFUL that these little league directors are trying to force a player from pitching because he's too good. One of their complaints is that he's too accurate! I would think that accuracy would be a GOOD thing...that way the kid isn't hitting the batters with wild pitches.

The fighting started this week when Coach Wilfred Vidro refused a directive by league officials to replace 9-year-old pitcher Jericho Scott, whose pitching they say is so hard, fast and accurate that it might frighten or discourage other players.

“You don’t have to be learned in the law to know in your heart that it’s wrong (removing Jericho as pitcher),” Williams said. “Now you have to be punished because you excel at something?”

She said league officials came to their house about five months ago to recruit Jericho, who also plays in another league.

Officials wanted him for a stronger team because of his pitching talent, but the Scotts wanted him to stay grounded and help a less experienced team succeed, she said.


Coach Vidro and the Scotts claim the real reason league authorities want Jericho on a team other than Vidro’s Wilpower Fitness is because they have a vested interested in another team that is second in the standings and can’t get to number one past Jericho’s winning arm.

They said that team is sponsored by Carlito’s barber shop and that league president Reynaldo Reyes owns it.

Lizkauai said...

Sean Taylor gone, but never forgotten, even in the strangest places
Take, for instance, a Hawaii vs. Washington College Football game: Which could help to explain why Redskins Nation has so quickly taken to Colt Brennan.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gang...Good morning to all the Tsaikos and welcome to some newbies...just jump in the boat and we'll all paddle our way to FLA.

KAZZ - Awesome speech man. Really, someone should get that speech to the boys for the plan ride. I was ready to throw on my jersey and run out on the field like old times...until I realized I was old...mwahahahahaha

A-Joe - Those fog horns were loud last night...geez. And I guess your Japanese Proverb is like the old Tsaiko Proverb..."If can, can...If no can, still can." MWAHAHAHAHAHA So true though. Never give up. Never surrender.

Rev Bu said...

AURYTE,

WHY IS CORPORAL AJOE GOT HIS PANTIES SCRUNCHED UP?

I was up early scrubbing the deck, lot of trash on that side of the boat...rubbish kine not people kine...but anoddah nice day in hawaii nei

time for make bfast for da crew....btw, how you cook eggs on dis hibachi......

Lizkauai said...


SameoldlookforHawaii


Hmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

ok,

now i gotta figgah out dis new way for do dis, and dat was me on da wildcat, i use dat for da oddah white people in utah, oooooops.

Unknown said...

Thx for putting us on to the Yahoo Sports Free airing of the game on the internet. I really did not want to star drinking at the sports bar down the street at 9:30 AM!
10:00 is OK though
Also Mater Dei-Carson game will be on ESPN2 on Wednesday the 3rd.

Lizkauai said...

OK. I'm outa here.
See you on da small screen!!!

36 hours of travel time... Tsai...

Anonymous said...

be safe Liz

we leave tonight for america to support the beast and his team mates!

Anonymous said...

hey Liz,

if you have a small screen, do Pride and I look smaller? now i know Robert K is large and in charge wherever he goes, but i think that Pride and I have a chance, maybe we should use that stuff called 'Slimpast', yeah, that's the new one.....while everyone is waiting in line at the CC, you just 'slimpast' them and get to the front of the line

Anonymous said...

Bulla...Have fun in that far-off, exotic land...MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Two things heard on 1420 this morning:
1. Dave Reardon fm the SB said Alexander, not Rausch, took most of the reps at practice this morning.

2. Pacific, with Charlie Wade as head coach, plays Florida this Friday and Saturday. Charlie is offering free tickets for those heading to Florida. Call 1420 for the phone number at Pacific to call for tickets.

Back to lurking...and work.

Anonymous said...

Hi, fellow LifeBoaters,

Everyday breating is getting harder. The anticipation is getting palpable, like 90% humidity. What makes it so exciting vs USC openers is the believe that we actually have a chance to pull this off.

LizK, bhf2, et al, you all have a nice and save trip to my neck of the woods. Really looking forward to meet a lot of you.

Anonymous said...

Oh damn, I be drinkin' too much grog last night.

Anonymous said...

I googled Pacific volleyball, and came up with amplifying information regarding their games this weekend in Florida. The Pacific women's volleyball team is playing in the University of Florida tournament. Pacific plays Western Michigan, Friday, 4:30pm, and Florida, Friday, 3:30 pm.

Hawaii players on the Pacific team:
Dancyne Kama, Kamehameha Big Island
Rebekah Torres, Kamehameha Kapalama
Carly Hiromoto, Punahou

Lizkauai said...

Uh-oh... I just remembered to print my boarding passes.

So- ST reports on the HA that Brent's arm is still OWIE and Starting QB is up for grabs again. (no look... mebbe SteveM or da menehune will blog dat info bum-bye).

Lizkauai said...

bulla- GOOD LUCK TO DA BEAST! and have a SAFE journey - at least you no mo Gustav, eh???

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, XLiz isn't around huh...Muhahahahaha!

Let's see if I can hack my way into this thing. her password gotta have something to do with her sons or ukulele's or food or song titles. give me an hour...

And then, how is everyone this morning?

Anonymous said...

oops! she's still here!

Anonymous said...

interesting to note but from the looks of things, GA may well be the starter come 8/30

c'mon warriors--let's make it 2 years in a row #5 falls athome as HUGE favorites.

homey ⑤ said...

Eh Bulla is on the blog!

Da Menehune - Thanks for the update. I wonder if Rausch is a fast healer? No matter, the Warriors will come out to play!

Anonymous said...

During the Green & White game a few months ago, I sat next to a die hard Warrior fan who said he had a dream. Alexander would lead the Warriors to an upset victory over the Gators. I can't remember the score he mentioned, but it wasn't a close game.

Do dreams come true, or just dreaming?

Is it Saturday yet? It's excitement time!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, fellow lifeboaters!

In da spirit of Sat's game, head down to Hank's Haute Dogs on Cooke St (near CompUSA) and have their Tuesday special - Alligator!!! hehehe. So, does it taste like chicken or gecko?

Anonymous said...

jm2375 ~
Re: Hank's
Do they have Tsaiko-size portions and will they deliver?

homey ⑤ said...

jm2375 - They really have 'gator? You've eaten gecko?

homey ⑤ said...

kekoa is using AIM?

Where's Pomai and his list of scores?

Anonymous said...

Homes! Do I have this right? Since XLiz is going to be in the air for 36 hours - Are you trying to organize a Mutiny on the Blogboat?

Careful...there are instigators, perpetraters, pirates, and DPK to contend with. There may be an old fashion 'Keel Haul' in store for you!

Anonymous said...

Kekoa - call 'em but I wouldn't call the portion sizes Tsaiko-size. Kinda pricey (over $8) tho.

Homey - hahaha. I ain't dat guy from dat Travel Channel show, dat's fo shua.

homey ⑤ said...

Speaking of where is...gigi? She's still creating topics on her blog so I know she is out there.

Anonymous said...

aloha Liz,

no Gustav, thank goodness, you take care though. mahalo for the kind words...we cannot wait to get up there! see you on the return trip back to hawaii

Kekoa said...

Homey ~ Yepper I AIM better this way. And Pomai has his list of scores on his website. I was just there jumping up and down on his furniture and makin' color crayon on da walls. His toy box get plenny tools for play wit. Go check 'em! We get plenny links to visit now days for Warrior roomah control.

And jez for you, I goin' use my google account now.

homey ⑤ said...

kekoa - shhhhh! I'm infiltrating the pirate mafia group. No speak too loud or they going make me walk the plank. I also see that XLiz has her swabs keeping an eye (one eye cause get patch on the other eye) on the blog and updating it as well.

jm2375 - I'm pretty shua deep fried gecko goes good with chili and rice.

homey ⑤ said...

What is Pomai's URL?

Anonymous said...

Homey - be careful. A-sports got da lead slippah!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I wonder if da gator hot dogs made from Florida gators? heheheh.

homey ⑤ said...

jm2375 - Lead slippahs are useless if she can't reach me!

I wonder if there is an Angus or Kobe gator?

Anonymous said...

Hate to break it to you homey, but before A-sports left, she gave all da Tsaikettes lead slippahs just to use on you or any other miscreants coming aboard. j/k

homey ⑤ said...

No problems, the lead slippahs are too heavy for them to pick up anyway! BWAHAHAHAHA!

How do you keep a Gator out of your yard?

Make your yard and endzone!

homey ⑤ said...

and = an

DOH!

homey ⑤ said...

A guy walks into a bar and says, "Hey barkeep, did you ever hear the one about the Florida Gators?" Four huge men stand up
and approach the man. One of them says, "We play football at UF, you wanna tell that joke to us?"

The guy replies, "What? And have to explain it four times?"

Anonymous said...

bhf2: Called my Orlando sister and she had to decline. Thanks for the ticket offer tho.
All Tsaikos going on the road have a safe and productive trip. Go Warriors :!:

homey ⑤ said...

sjmacro - do you have any pics that could be put on this blog?

Anonymous said...

anyone know where we can get a list of the travelling squad?

Anonymous said...

homey: I don't have recent pics of camp; have some from the UWs which are on my picasa web albums. I can forward the link later.. going out the door for another appt.
It was dark this morning so pictures are very shadowy. I did get some audio clips still have to process those.

homey ⑤ said...

Where's Figaro? I mean Fabigo...sorry my bad.

Stretch said...

I think someone better call the Coast Guard, Wreck hasn't made it to the lifeboat yet. I hope he never drown somewhere

homey ⑤ said...

Slow day. Must be a lot of Tsaiko's packing or traveling.

homey ⑤ said...

I think Wreck did the Titanic scene and sank to the icy depths.

Lizkauai said...

hiya!
So I am at LIH and I spock one outlet next to did guy wid computah, iphone la dat. He's a lurker on da way to Tahiti for take pix. Look for him soon!

homey ⑤ said...

I don't think anyone threw a life preserver to gigi either.

homey ⑤ said...

100th!

Aisoos XLiz! Just can't stay away from the blog eh!

Anonymous said...

Howzit Fellow Tsaikos!
Made it to da lifeboat yesterday, crawled into a corner and continued lurking. Just thought I'd let you know I stay heah. Mahalo to SM fo' da email "heads up!"
Da adrenaline stay building up...da waiting getting unbearable...eh, but we going be rewarded Saturday when da WARRIORS MAKE GECKO POKE outa dose guys!

Lizkauai said...

time to board. Laters!

Lizkauai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

howzit! everyone playing nicely?

hmmm, a 59-28 score sounds good to me

what Liz smuud herself?

SteveM said...

Good noon!

Some people commented yesterday that they could read the blog but not post. Happened to me here at work this morning. The Comment as: pop menu would not work, hence cannot post.

Now using a newer computer and OS version at lunch, it works. So it looks like nothing is externally blocking us from posting.

Anonymous said...

SteveM - are you using a pc?

Anonymous said...

Any Tsai-kos going to women's volleyball on Sept. 5th?

SteveM said...

Loa -- no, using a Mac. The older G4 with OS 3.9 and Safari 1.3 has the problem. Using a MacBook with OS 10.5 and Safari 3.1.2 right now, the blog works great.

It might be OS version related because the helper apps/plug-ins loads are similar. My OS 10.4 iMac at home works good too.

BTW, Loa, please send me an email at stevem.hnl@gmail.com I would like your email address if you will.

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Tsiakos! Eh, no mo legroom in
'dis raft.

Hope A-house is able to snag the going rate of Hawaii +35.5 in Las Vegas. Talk 'bout free money! I made my picks in Jason's Yahoo College 'Pick 'em already...I like Alabama in the upset over Clemson, 22. ;)

Anonymous said...

SteveM - for a minute there i thought you when jump to the other side,(no not the dark side) hehe, great info for other mac users, 10-4 on the gmail

SteveM said...

Gotta give up the lunch time MacBook for now and check the commotion on the Pool Deck...I think A-joe escaped again.

Anonymous said...

Hey there again...Homey, I'm here...just posting as myself today....

Anonymous said...

Nice analysis of the WAC vs. MWC.

It was a decade ago that eight teams split from the Western Athletic Conference to form the Mountain West Conference. At the time, the WAC looked to be in disarray. Now, it looks like the better of the two leagues, having earned BCS bowl berths the past two years with Boise State and Hawaii. The MWC hasn't had a BCS team since Utah in 2004 and might not have another this season unless Brigham Young can beat Washington, UCLA and run the table in league play.

Anonymous said...

Check out the coaches that San Diego State decided not to try to hire!

Pac-5 Award: To San Diego State, which almost hired or could have hired half of the head coaches in the Pac-10 Conference. Rick Neuheisel (now at UCLA), Jim Harbaugh (Stanford) and Dennis Erickson (Arizona State) all wanted the Aztecs job when it was open in December 2005. SDSU didn't return the interest.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if UH would give this type of guarantee to get more season ticket buyers? I know that Stanford has had a LOT of trouble getting fans to their games, but this guarantee seems pretty amazing...When Stanford cannot fill their new stadium for USC, Notre Dame, and Cal, you know they have a problem!

When you've won two home games in the last two years, a money-back-guarantee might seem a little risky.

The Stanford athletics marketing department has little choice but to take a big chance and hope that the payoff finally comes - first on the football field and then, maybe, in the stands of its sparkling but half-empty stadium.

The deal works like this: New season-ticket and new "Family Plan" buyers can ask for the "Gridiron Guarantee," and if unsatisfied with the "entertainment value" at season's end, the cost of the season tickets will be refunded.


There was no full house for the stadium debut against Navy in 2006 nor for USC that same season. Plenty of good seats were still available in 2007 for UCLA and Oregon. Only 37,777 bought tickets for TCU on homecoming weekend, a week after the Cardinal upset USC. And, most painfully, no sellout for either Notre Dame, when there were almost 7,000 unsold tickets, or Cal, when there were 6,000 unsold tickets.

Anonymous said...

Some tidbits from Florida RB Chris Rainey.

On Monday, Rainey spoke with reporters about one of his classes this semester. Rainey calls it a "sex class."

Rainey on his sex class: "It's boring. I don't like to be in that class. I thought it was going to be fun, like what you see on TV but, it ain't like that."

Rainey on the Gators' depth at skill positions: "I'd have to put names in a hat to see who gets the ball first."

Rainey is listed as a second-string running back for the Gators' home opener against Hawaii.

Anonymous said...

The Big East just banned fans from going on to the field after games.

That’s because the Big East passed new sportsmanship legislation banning non-credentialed individuals (i.e. the fans) from entering the playing surface after the completion of a game, Big East associate commissioner John Paquette said. The new rules were enacted by the league for the safety of fans, athletes, and coaches.

homey ⑤ said...

Yeah baby! I SMOOD XLiz! I can say whatever I want because she is in the air and can't do anything! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hey (J)Jgo!

Anonymous said...

Notes about BSU.

Boise State junior quarterback Nick Lomax has left the football program and will transfer to a Division II or Division III school, coach Chris Petersen said Monday

Junior wide receiver Michael Choate and redshirt freshman wide receiver Tyler Shoemaker are the latest walk-ons to be given scholarships, Petersen said.

The Broncos now have put 39 walk-ons on scholarship since 1998.

The offensive linemen have decided not to talk to the media during the regular season for the second straight year.

homey ⑤ said...

Garret - BYU has a good chance to run the table this year. U-dub and the baby blue bruins, IMHO, aren't contenders in the Pac-10 this year. I don't want BYU to run the table but on paper they should. I shudder to think that happens!

Anonymous said...

Cinci's QB is on his 3rd or 4th appeal for a 6th year and was called yesterday and told that his appeal was denied and that he wouldn't be able to play anymore...and then this morning he got a call telling him that the NCAA actually hadn't ruled yet and the previous call by the NCAA was a mistake!

It just boggles my mind how that error could have happened!

The NCAA has not ruled on Ben Mauk’s request for a sixth year after all.

In the latest twist in the Mauk saga, Kevin Murphy, the attorney for Mauk who confirmed Monday night that the NCAA ruled against Mauk said this morning that no decision has been reached.

“The call that was made to me last night was a mistake,” Murphy said today.

homey ⑤ said...

What's up with BSU's O-linemen? Stuck up?

Anonymous said...

Homey,

I agree, BYU has the best shot on paper to run the table out of the non-BCS conference schools...too bad that UH isn't on their schedule to ruin it for them like the time UH blew them out in the final game of the season when they were undefeated!

Anonymous said...

Homey,

BSU's OL seems to be upset with the media for picking some other team to win the WAC. They were upset last year when the media thought UH would win...and the media was correct! I guess they are upset this year because Fresno State is the popular choice.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Penn State's administrators might actually be cheering *against* their football team this year.

Where and when in college football might a 6-6 record be better than 10-3 or 11-2?

That's an easy one.

At Penn State, this season.

A bad year would make it a lot easier to get rid of Joe Paterno.

That's what Penn State administrators want, isn't it? That became clear when they refused to give Paterno, 81, a contract extension in the offseason. This is his 43rd season as head coach and 59th overall in Happy Valley, but he's working in the final year of his current deal.

Anonymous said...

I'm done with the link spam now...got to get back to work.

homey ⑤ said...

Garret - Upset? I wonder how upset their lady bulldog volleyball team is? That's okay, it's good that they play with a chip on their shoulder. We'll see how the season turns out.

Lizkauai said...

dang, left my slippah with homey and NOW look!
HNL and hot sour soup breakfast. Off to ITL terminal!

homey ⑤ said...

Not much women on the lifeboat today. No wonder why the boat hauna.

Oh, never mind I see the women now. They are in the ocean keeping the sharks away from the lifeboat.

OMG, Mrs. A-House just punched out a great white!

HAHAHAHA! Another shark just broke his teeth biting A-Sports foot.

homey ⑤ said...

AIYAH! I thought XLiz was in the air!!!

Da Punchbowl Kid said...

Pretty lonely in here today, aintcha lil buddy?

homey ⑤ said...

DPK - That's ok, I know how to entertain myself.

Anonymous said...

Homey...What??? Mrs. A-House punched out DPK???

al said...

oh btw.....thanks you guys for hosting this site for us nutz guys. i am glad you all took some vacation time for handle all this, wink, wink, wink.

al

homey ⑤ said...

Looks like there are gonna be a lot of new faces this Saturday at Genji's!

Da Punchbowl Kid said...

Howdy, al - san!

homey ⑤ said...

(J)J - ROTFLMFAO!!!

al - It's all XLiz! Sheesh, she even tried to post while in the air. Such dedication.

al said...

well homey....i just want to be politically correct.

homey ⑤ said...

al - can't be politically correct when you refer to XLiz as a guy. :lol: smiley.

homey ⑤ said...

Where's Pride.? Is he bolohead yet?

homey ⑤ said...

I wonder if firewalls at work prevent at least 50% of the usual suspects from accessing this site?

al said...

someone saw him lurking at thom's barber shop asking a lot of questions about hair regrowth periods.

nah, cut em some slack. i told him you really don't have to shave em.

al said...

....i got those buzz cut hair trimmers. wouldn't that be a great halftime entertainment?

Anonymous said...

bulla is trying to regrow hair?? Where???

Anonymous said...

Like I said yesterday, big news is coming.

Remember where you heard it first.

homey ⑤ said...

A bet is a bet. That's all I have to say...

We should have a buzz fundraiser. Donate $10 and you can snip off a lock of Pride's hair!

What al? you starting your own blog too?

Da Punchbowl Kid said...

James-

You got it all wrong; Pride wants to regrow his hair, if he cuts it bolo head. bulla wants to transplant hair, from the thick luxurious growth on his back.

homey ⑤ said...

Keahi - big news is always coming...give us some specifics! Maybe something like "Alexander to start for Warriors".

Anonymous said...

wut up G-Money millionaires

Kekoa said...

Where's Koakane? The Warrior Blog Boat is due for an EIS study. I think the Kauai protesters got him. Didn't they just have their one year protest Anny? Maybe they sacrificed him to celebrate their victory at sea!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo, did anyone eat a gator dog today?

Da Punchbowl Kid said...

Keahi,

Enuff a da dry humps already. Give us dat news!!!

al said...

homes....nope, just experimenting. i don't want to compete with madame gigi.

Anonymous said...

homey,

A bird landed on my shoulder this morning and tickled my ear. I haven't decided to scratch that itch just yet. But when I do, you'll remember where you heard it first.

homey ⑤ said...

jm2375 - I had tuna sandwich...speaking of lunch, weren't you supposed to come to a CC but did a jojo on us? Was that you?

Kekoa said...

Check your shoulder again Keahi, I think the bird left you more than just a tickled ear!

Da Punchbowl Kid said...

Well, time for my waddle, oops, I mean walk! I'll be back in a while I reckon. Maybe Keahi's "big news" will be posted.

homey ⑤ said...

al - no can compete with her. She uses Wordpress while this site is Blogspot. I'm almost 100% certain that she will say that Wordpress is the shiznit.

homey ⑤ said...

DPK - waddle? I thought you would just take a swim around Oahu.

Anonymous said...

Kekoa,

While I may have something on my shoulder, it's not as interesting as what someone has up their sleeve. Remember where you heard it first.

homey ⑤ said...

Keahi - are you "Da Menehune" who posted the above update?

al said...

keahi....scratch that itch. dpk has left the building.

i think blogspot looks cooler.

Anonymous said...

homey,

nope, I only use my real name and im not a menehune. You'll know if it's me because you'll remember where you heard it first.

al said...

okay before i leave the building....

don't you think that ajoe and asports would have made a better couple than the one on that new 0C16 commercial?

i think asports would hit em harder, too.

Anonymous said...

al,

we'll wait till Kekoa leaves the boat. Then you can tell him where you heard it first.

al said...

but, you didn't say anything therefore it could have been said first from anyone....even gigi. nah.

Anonymous said...

spill the beans in the boat already!

SteveM said...

Good afternoon WarriorBoat bloggers! This is your always-high Cruise Director. Tomorrow we will again moor off an island with an airport for those signed up for the big UH-Florida excursion. The Genji morning excursion on Saturday might be sold out, but check with Tour Director (Jesse) James for the latest.

This afternoon at 1500 we will have the whale look-alike competition in the pool followed by the ice cream eating contest. Errr...someone please remind Bulla that the ice milk machine does not fit in his cabin and that it should be returned to the poolside snack bar...

Da Punchbowl Kid said...

I guess I'll take my waddle later... Now why don't you be a goooooood boy Keahi and tell all of your friends here your exciting news??

Anonymous said...

Keahi,

Way too much build-up just to get attention. If you wait 'till it's out, it's no longer news.

Anonymous said...

If I read correctly, what's posted in the "breaking news" section is what normally would have been posted on the blog section? no make sense to me.

homey ⑤ said...

Keahi - okay shoots, look forward to your "heard it first" quote. BTW, are you named after a tree?

Anonymous said...

FL Teddy,

But no news makes small news become big news...and when you get it, you'll remember where you heard it first.

Anonymous said...

Must be the 1.9 mill. charitable donation to the Athletic Department.

Anonymous said...

I thought there would be more big news since it's game week. What about those special magazine previews by the Star Bulletin?

Da Punchbowl Kid said...

OK, I'm going for my waddle. I got some writin' to do later. I never heard it here first because some folks didn't share...

Anonymous said...

oh and who thinks the Advertiser website should change back to the old website?

Lizkauai said...

Plane for Vegas is ready to board. AHouse family is with me and las vegas is waiting when we arrive. Tsai-kos RULE

homey ⑤ said...

SMS - Where's the breaking news section?

Rob14 said...

Have a safe and fun trip Liz.

Cheer loud for all of the Tsaikos.

Give the A-House family a hug for me!

homey ⑤ said...

OOOOO Rob14, you have a blog too!

homey ⑤ said...

Hey, nice pic of XLiz and the A-House family in Las Vegas! I swear XLiz is on the ball!

Anonymous said...

what da big news stay, did we find kryptonite or something??

Rob14 said...

It was easier to sign up and start something. Might be simpler than myspace, plus my kids think that it's creepy having me on myspace with them.

Let's go Greg Alexander. I think that he will take the punishment that defenses are going to dish out better than Rausch. Not that Rausch couldn't, I just think that he needs to get stronger. He's already hurting and he hasn't even been touched by a defensive player yet.

Ronnie - Is it Saturday yet?

Kekoa said...

The Amazing Liz comes at 'cha from everywhere!

Keahi, I went over to the Port side 30 minutes ago, and just came back...still no news! How can I say I heard it first with DPK waddling around so loud?

homey ⑤ said...

Rob14 - You must like black. Don't forget Alexander was nursing a minor injury too. Rausch's injury has more to do with over exerting his arm. Let's not also forget that he was sacked less than Alexander last year. I know, comparing granny apples to fuji apples...

See you on SATURDAY!

al said...

rob14.....seriously..."to kill a mockingbird"?

Rob14 said...

Hi Kekoa!

Maybe the news is coming in a bottle message...we'll be lucky if it drifts by us.

Kekoa said...

Rob - How old are your children?

Rob14 said...

al - I love that movie! And Gregory Peck was in it...I need to add "Rudy" because I love that one too.

Rob14 said...

My marine is 19, my second son is 18, daughter is 13(will be fourteen in Oct) and my youngest son is 12 (13 in Dec). Wow, I can even keep track of them all!

Alan, my Marine, is getting stationed in Japan after he grads from MP school on Sept 5. He doesn't know yet if he will be at Camp Fuji or in Okinawa. He's hoping for Oki since he doesn't like the cold.

Anonymous said...

LizKauai,

You got any recommendations of viewing stream of Hawaii-Florida game on saturday? I checked streamtvnow.tv and they don't have the game on their schedule.

Would appreciate any info you have.

THANKS!

Rob14 said...

al - I even like Barry Manilow and Elton John. How come they are never in Vegas when I am there? That is just soooo wrong!

Rob14 said...

Where's Gigi?

homey ⑤ said...

Another picture posted by XLiz!

Anonymous said...

A-House family,

Were the seats OK?

homey ⑤ said...

Rob14 - one more and you can make a basketball team!

Is that a picture of you next to your empty swimming pool?

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE...

homey ⑤ said...

Anonymous - if you look at the top left hand side of the blog you will see a link in blue "UH-FLORIDA GAME". Check it out.

homey ⑤ said...

htsDBY - Huh?

Anonymous said...

where da saturday morning party at?

Rob14 said...

OK, I'm outta here...al's teasing my taste in movies and homey's saying that I'm a baby factory...

Nah, gotta use up some comp time and going to pickup the young one from band rehearsal.

See ya guys later!

Anonymous said...

did they release the travel roster yet?

homey ⑤ said...

See post dated, August 26, 2008 2:09 PM, for details.

Anonymous said...

hey hey hey school out keeeeds left and some teachers lurking da 0ffice but not matta I get time till meet with some parent at 5

safe journey to all the 808's going to da big monsoon in da SE america. no foget the underbrella nhaaaaaaaaaaa j/k have a wonderful time.

how's da rest of the tsaiko community doing?...at lease everyone is playing nicely. hea kekoa calling for an EIS already....not even middle of week yet. going be buss up by friday and maybe looking like gnalo and sleeze bwhaa

esme thanks for da reply and jj not sure yet but will call you this evening with answer.

time out be back in a jiffy need to mediate

Anonymous said...

A-House...play the MAX bets!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Watch the news tonight. You heard it here first.

Rob14 said...

Homey - If only they could give me and NBA salary...I would do it!

Rob14 said...

and = an

homey ⑤ said...

Rob14 - I thought you left the building?

Anonymous said...

Everyone knows what station I'll be watching. Their sports anchor is gOOd.

homey ⑤ said...

Keahi - What channel? ESPN?

Kekoa said...

Camp Fuji=Camp Swampy where Beetle Bailey is in charge.

The two younger kids must be hard to handle when they say the older ones got to do stuff - MOM!

Anonymous said...

homey -circle5,

has anyone ever told you that you bear a striking resemblance to the UH logo?

Kekoa said...

Keahi's been drinking the Seawater again SteveM!

Anonymous said...

eh h2sDBY,

no tease my phrend.

Anonymous said...

Kekoa,

Read about the news in the paper tomorrow. I'd rather share what I know with people that rather hear it first.

homey ⑤ said...

htsDBY - yep, I get that all the time! lol

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 373   Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

You can use some HTML tags in your comments.